Paul Edmondson's blog post
  • I emailed Paul recently, expressing my concerns.  He replied to say he would be posting on the blog shortly to address Hubber concerns.

He has just made the post, and as far as I can see, it's the same old story and ignores the things Hubbers are actually complaining about.  I've posted a comment to that effect and I'd love to see a few more people making similar responses.
    Marisa

Dance like nobody's watching, write like your mother will never read it.
  • Mutiny92Mutiny92 May 2011
    funny, but I have been getting riled up as hubs are taken down for silly reasons but the most egregious violators are allowed to keep their hubs earning published and earning money until the moderators can get to it...

However, yesterday, two of the worst were addressed.  One was banned outright and one had all of his hubs removed.  It tells me that they are beginning to address at least some of the concerns...I hope they address yours as well.
  • @Mutiny, I was chatting to Lisa (lrohner) who tells me that she tried emailing Paul and Jason direct and got no change out of either of them.  After seeing Paul's post, I know I really have to accept that I'm flogging a dead horse.  They may have taken down a couple of bad offenders, but in spite of all the feedback, they've got no intention of changing any of their processes or reaching out to aggrieved Hubbers.

I do notice  Nora has started popping up on the forums to answer questions, at least.
    Marisa

• XobbaXobba May 2011
    @Marisawright , I was one of the first to comment. I kept it short and sweet - pretty much , glad to hear your listening even though no one seems to be showing any signs of responding and then I asked a question.

The irony to me, is that although the fluffy nature of the post was that they are listening and responding , Paul never responded to any questions or remarks made in the post. 

On a side annoyance, they changed the link in my profile from xobba to my hubpages profile. Do I care..yes, as that blog is a wordpress blog so my browser preloaded the values from my last WP comments - they had a moment to change my link but not to respond to a genuine technical question that was brought up by the post.

What can you do - everyone's portfolios are responding differently, but mine is sinking more each day and the effort in backlinking and promotion it would take to revive them would be used at a site that offered me a higher impression share.
    Testing out the signature line
  • Xobba said: "The irony to me, is that although the fluffy nature of the post
    was that they are listening and responding , Paul never responded to
    any questions or remarks made in the post. 

On a side annoyance, they changed the link in my profile from xobba to my hubpages profile"

I agree, you might note I said as much in my post. Not that anyone paid any attention. And changing your link is the most breathtaking cheek - and I just noticed, they did the same to mine!
    Marisa