Featured image question
  • Hi, I just put up my first Xobba submission, which I thought would be fairly straight forward. I fiddled with a featured image for at least half an hour. I couldn't load what I wanted either by URL or from my computer. If there's anything remotely useful in media, I can't find it. Here's what I want: http://www.flickr.com/photos/foxtongue/71714219/sizes/s/in/photostream/  What's the problem?

Oh, and I selected some links from Amazon. Three of them showed up nicely. Two are only represented by the code placed at the end of the article in the editor. I'm coming to hate WordPress!
  • sharishari May 2011
    allpurposeguru,
    I feel your pain, WP can be somewhat daunting at times. But loading the featured image is one piece of it that I have come to terms with!!!

Scroll down the edit page until you see "Featured Image" box. .. Click on the the "Featured Image"  -> "Set Featured Image" then the box will open asking from where you want the picture. Upload it by selecting the file, then the file will start "crunching" Once you see  the picture you need to go to the spot where it says " Use as Featured Image" . it is under the spot where is says
    Thumbnail, Medium, Large , Full Size.

If you wanted to add a pic to your post  on the left of the "" Use as Featured Image" is where you would click on "insert in post" but that is only used for inserting into post. . In order to get the featured image it is the
    " Use as Featured Image" you must click. .

I hope this helps.
  • XobbaXobba May 2011
    Well explained!

I will make a video right now,as it is a common question and the style in which a "featured image" is added can vary greatly between themes.

As far as the Amazon function goes - it simply requires that a space is placed between each "shortcode"

I have corrected that for you. But, I imagine, you would be best served by balancing out that block of ads or interspersing them throughout the text.

Dont hate wordpress yet - I have created a very fully functional publishing platform but in return that involves learning the intricacies - the format will do most anything you can imagine, and I will gladly give you hands on help trying out the features.

Im still developing a proper How-To manual and Welcome Package so all feedback and criticism is highly valued so I can make corrections or add to the help files
    Testing out the signature line