Xobba is looking really good.
  • Hi all, I just wanted to publicly thank Josh for this site.  It is looking better and better, and it is hard to keep up with all the new additions and improvements.  I am going to do my best to use this site as much as possible, but my spring and summer are immensely busy with family stuff, graduations, anniversaries, trips, and new college student.  Trying to keep my head above water.

I am personally excited to see where it is headed.  :)
    Lake Erie Artists Gallery--Cleveland Art Gallery
  • XobbaXobba May 2011
    Thanks a lot! That means a lot to me, Ive given up on sleep to get the whole vision out as soon as possible without compromising usability and design, hope thats working!

Proper launch will be real soon!  - welcome packages, site guidelines, additional ops etc.

you may get a kick out of this - full revshare - pre config q/a for xobba writers (and forum users but they will need to contact me to get a login - all X writers already have an account)

Testing out the signature line
  • Do we ask the questions, and provide the answers or just ask the questions?  And how do you log in?
  • XobbaXobba May 2011
    The question asker gets the impression share ( if they are a X writer) log in is via  sitename/wp-admin  just like any wp install

The front end is for "regular users'

Still doing some tweaks - actually have to rebuild the entire visual layout and how-to information, but all the functionality is in place. Point system /voting like any other Q/A and I will have some webmaster/writer based rewards like hosting, ad space, seo tools etc
  • So we can add questions?

Just to be clear, are we not supposed to put an answer down or we are supposed to?
  • Okay, I am not in the mood to work on my regular stuff, so I am making up some questions and putting them into draft for now.  You can publish them if you like.
  • XobbaXobba May 2011
    Lol, You are welcome to answer your own questions! It can be considered another way of presenting an article.

Like , Whats the best Art Store in Cleveland!
  • Now it's not letting me save to draft.  Tried to post a question a minute ago, and asked me if I was sure I wanted to do this.  Then when I went ahead put me back to the post form, with nothing saved.
  • Okay now it is working.
  • XobbaXobba May 2011
    I was possibly working on the backend while you were there!
  • Should I be tagging and adding the SEO info at the bottom of the pages for these questions?  And is it okay to publish them.  :)
  • XobbaXobba May 2011
    Tagging and SEO are good ideas. You are welcome to publish, I am still debugging and deciding guidelines etc. but for the most part the site is fully functional. Not sure if everyone is seeing AS displayed as it should, I think the questions may need a  certain length in order to give AS something to scan.

Still testing, thanks for trying it out!
  • Having fun.  I can always go back and change stuff to fit whatever guidelines you come up with.  :)  After all, I have loads of practice doing that.  ;P
  • SusanaSusana May 2011
    Thought I'd try and contribute a bit and added a load of questions. Not sure if I've done it right to get rev share though?
  • JoshuaJoshua May 2011
    Hi Susana!

It looks like you need to just fill in your id's. Use the shadowy little x in the footer to login:

http://getanswersabout.xobba.com/wp-admin   the help info inside should get you the rest of the way - the questions do need 25-50 words to give the contextual ads something to work off and keep the all the ads from being quite so obvious.

Thanks for adding so many questions! ...and Welcome back!
  • SusanaSusana May 2011
    Hi Josh :)
    It's nice to be back! Just wish there were 40 hours in a a day and I didn't need sleep, then I would be here a lot more!

I've just logged into the back end of answers/ask. Ok, so it's making more sense now. I'll add some additional text to my questions. Do I also need to add meta data? I did add tags when I wrote the questions, but they're not visible in the back end - so add again?

Oh, just looked up at your answer to lakeeerie - I will tag and SEO :)