Official Xobba Launch Party
  • XobbaXobba May 2011
    So Im trying to brainstorm some ideas for an official Xobba Launch party .. what ways can I make virtual event seem more tangible?

I was thinking an all day thing that would allow all our various time zones to get a chance , perhaps some cross platform options, Skype, FB?

I was planning on coming up with some door prizes - perhaps a few random trivia questions or an internet scavenger hut with some cash prizes

Also will announce the first months contest concept and prizes for Xobba's Inaugural Month.

I have all sorts of ideas rolling around but I wonder if any would be of interest to the forum members? What would excite you? I think the Internet Scavenger Hunt could be really fun.

Testing out the signature line
  • tonyleantonylean May 2011
    How about just a drunken bar crawl? Ok maybe not quite possible in a virtual environment so I guess a scavenger hunt could be fun....

We can have a skype / FB / anything else party too.... get everyone logged on and chatting...
    Want to retire in the Philippines and relax?? Give me a call.. lol
    Leanman on Hubpages
  • sharishari May 2011
    No drunken bar crawls - as it would not be fair as Tony has a clear and definite edge on that front. No one stands a chance again the devil on that one!

Scavenger hunt sounds interesting. .. 

I see a Xobba tee shirt in the future of one lucky winner ;)

• Mutiny92Mutiny92 May 2011
    Xobba coffee mugs!
  • ThisIsOliThisIsOli May 2011
    GoToMeeting instead of Skype :p You can create a trail account for the duration!
  • XobbaXobba May 2011
    Great Ideas, All!

Im def leaning towards a multi-platform, all day event.

The Scavenger Hunt is a definite although "Scavenger Hunt" is a very loose description.

The merchandise suggestions are a possibility, I can set that up in 20 minutes,perhaps I will have options Paypal or merch for winners.

GoToMeeting and other screenshare/online meeting applications are a great suggestion, How many are familiar with the applications and would use them if they were incorporated?

Now You are getting me excited.
  • sharishari May 2011
    Oli .. you dont use skype?? If not how come you dont?

Uh oh Josh excited. .this could be the start of something big ;)
  • ThisIsOliThisIsOli May 2011
    I use Skype Shari, but only for person to person calls. For calls involving multiple people, webinars and presentations gotomeeting is the way to go.
  • I think an overlaying of streamers on at least this site, and others if you can if that is possible.  Too bad we can't have virtual music and food, not as much fun as the real thing.  BTW, the logo reminds me of the Xmen, any tie in there?
    Lake Erie Artists Gallery--Cleveland Art Gallery
  • XobbaXobba May 2011
    It hard to not be influenced creatively by such ubiquitous designs as the X-men logo, there was no intention, but im sure it effected my creative process when I was staring at blank screen.

I designed the favicon first which was created to pop and be legible (you can see this in your tabs or favorites at the site), I think that is a little less "x-men-esque" - the larger logo variants are an extension - I was aiming more for a Roman Numeral effect, i.e "Tribune" some design variants focused on "Xobba" using greek letters but it suffered in legibility.

The existing  logo is comprised of all the letters of the domain name - 

The more "shadowy" logo is created to look awesome as a facebook share - try the facebook share on a x article - The design is very eye catching when mashed in a facebook wall - a little subtle pop..

But, hey I do like X-men!
  • tonyleantonylean May 2011
    So just what is your mutant ability Josh????
    Want to retire in the Philippines and relax?? Give me a call.. lol
    Leanman on Hubpages
  • sharishari May 2011
    The Xobba logo is downright perfect! 
  • RookRook May 2011
    Josh is our "Professor X."
    Don't surround yourself with yourself; move on back two squares.
  • His ability is to work while holding a squirmy baby, and he can think in multiple site mode for several hours straight.
  • sharishari May 2011

• sharishari May 2011
    x marks the spot but i missed the target on this one.. Paula I commented on the other thread where you asked how to pronounce it!!! Its been a long day
  • Ice cream???  for the party I mean.
  • sharishari May 2011
    Ice Cream .. .yes yes yes Paula. . Ill bring the toppings!
  • I pleaded for chocolate on a forum one time and all I got was a picture. Now, if you could serve up real ice cream and toppings instead of virtual. . .
  • XobbaXobba May 2011
    I 'll send it Wonkavision!
  • I just had some hazelnut gelato, yum!
  • Mutiny92Mutiny92 May 2011
    frozen custard!  I loved that when I lived in Cleveland, Paula!  There was a great shop in Rocky River we used to go to.  Yum!
  • sharishari June 2011
    Will the winner of the first writing contest be the 'guest of honor' at the  launch party?