Three ways to earn Amazon Revenue in HP
  • Mutiny92Mutiny92 April 2011
    I knew of one way (through the Amazon Module) which is subject to the 60/40 revenue sharing split.

There was a recent change in the text module edit function that allows for quick "inline hyperlinking" still subject to the 60/40 rule.

There is a third way, where you add in your own affiliate code for a product in Amazon. Here, you get 100% of the revenue...no sharing!

I wrote an article on it if it helps to walk through the processes:

http://hublover.com/2011/04/how-to-insert-amazon-affiliate-link-in-hub/

If you haven't added two inline hyperlinks (max 2 per hub) then I recommend considering it where appropriate. It just takes a few seconds for each link whether you use HP's tool or you manually enter your own Amazon Associates link.

Also, if you see a mistake or you know of other methods, please let me know.
  • XobbaXobba April 2011
    I very well hope users were taking full advantage of this option all along! But, def a great idea to point it out as it would be a shame if members were missing out on that option.

I would add that it allows you to create unique amazon tracking codes for your hubs or series of hubs also .

People with international traffic could also stick in a nice link to other amazon locations
    Testing out the signature line
  • I have put Amazon links all along, but I am sure that some folks don't know how. :)
    Lake Erie Artists Gallery--Cleveland Art Gallery
  • NatashaNatasha April 2011
    I have learnt to use the amazon link during the first 60dc. Before that I was totally unaware. Nice that you pointed it out Mutiny. I am sure it would be helpful to many.

And Sf, it is really a nice idea to use a different tracking ID for a series of hubs to see how well they are performing.
    I will mention the tracking IDs. I use them and should have mentioned it. I did not think about the links in the text until recently. Not sure how I missed it all this time...
  • It's easy to miss little stuff, and when people point it out, you have a "duh" moment. Or an "ahhh" moment. :P
  • tonyleantonylean April 2011
    Something else for me to get on and learn, thanks for the help guys...
    Want to retire in the Philippines and relax?? Give me a call.. lol
    Leanman on Hubpages
  • MarisawrightMarisawright April 2011
    But I thought affiliate links were going to be barred under the new rules?
    Marisa

Dance like nobody's watching, write like your mother will never read it.
    Marisa, as of now, Amazon is exempt. Of course, their rules do appear to be changing, but right now it is still ok,
  • I don't think all affiliate links will be banned.  I imagine that they will ban specific ones, and ban them on specific topics that invite spam.