Performance appraisal is very important to an organization and is a rational substitute to personal opinion/bias. It is because, the performance appraisal process follows a set pattern and involves many steps. The important steps involved in the performance appraisal process are given below:
Steps In Performance Appraisal Process
1. Establishing Performance Standards
2. Communicating Standards To Employees
3. Measuring Actual Performance
4. Comparing Actual Performance With The Standards Set
5. Discussing Actual Performance With The Employee
6. Offering Guidance For Improving Performance
Each step in the performance appraisal process is important. These steps serves as a guidelines to organizations and they can make some minor changes to suit their needs. In the performance appraisal process, the employee performance is measured in the light of set performance standards and feedback for improvement is given through appraisal interview. Organization should make sure that the appraisal interview emphasizes only on counselling and self development. The appraisal interview should be purposeful and beneficial to the employee.
Oops! No results, try changing your search!
|View all items...||(Powered by: WP Amazon Ads)|