The Healthy Need for Sex How High Blood Pressure Effects Sex Drive
Are you one of the millions who suffer from a sluggish or sleeping drive? We’re talking none, zero, zip, no libido (man or woman), weak or zero erections (men) or just flat-out not “in the mood” anymore. With the constant adds addressing erectile dysfunction this may distract you from a more common underlying health concern. Your blood pressure may the problem keeping you from enjoying healthy intimacy and sex. While most of you may be aware that you have high blood pressure those who don’t should ask yourself these questions;
The First Step
1. Have you had your blood pressure checked lately?
2. Is it normal?
3. Even still text-book normal may not be to your normal.
The goal: – To regain your drive, pleasure and vigor you will want to lower your blood pressure, the added benefits are no doubt a plus.
Problem – Millions are on blood pressure meds which often affects your sex drive and abilities. 20 million Americans alone report that their blood pressure meds wipe out their drive.
Yep, this is a side-effect we would all rather do without but it is what it is. Now let’s look at what can be done as often medications are honestly needed?
The goal is to work to; carefully consider your options before getting on blood pressure medication, get off the medication your now on as you introduce other options or cut the amount you now take.
There are natural steps to cut blood pressure that will also increase your drive.
Blood Pressure and Sex Drive – The Truth
1. High blood pressure kills.
2. You must change your lifestyle to change your situation.
3. You need to lower you blood pressure and you know this.
4. Lowering your blood pressure is one hard and boring ride.
- High blood pressure in men decreases their drive and performance.
- High blood pressure in women sends sexual urges and desire packing.
- The American Heart Association says High blood pressure is the No. 1 modifiable risk factor for stroke.
- It also contributes to heart attacks, heart failure, kidney failure and atherosclerosis (fatty buildups in arteries). In some cases, it can cause blindness.
I also copied the warning and side effects from a blood pressure medication flier included with the prescriptions.
Medications for high blood pressure may cause side effects such as:
3. Frequent urination
4. Fluid retention (non-diuretic drugs)
5. Sexual dysfunction
6. Abnormal heart rhythm
Isn’t high blood pressure enough of a concern without worrying about other possible health complications from medications?
What to do?
1. Vitamin C: – Researchers discovered a daily supplement of vitamin C can significantly reduce high blood pressure.
2. Hawthorne: – Hawthorne strengthens the heart and is remarkably free of side effects. Hawthorne Berry does this by dilating the coronary arteries.
3. Garlic: – Garlic has a well deserved reputation for lowering both cholesterol levels and blood pressure. It helps in breaking up toxins which lead to high blood pressure.
4. Coleus Forskohlii: – The theory behind Coleus Forskohlii is that Forskohlii can be used to stimulate adenylate cyclase activity, which will increase CAMP levels in the fat cell, which in turn activates another enzyme (hormone sensitive lipase) that breaks down fat storage. A complicated natural effect with an end result that’s beneficial.
5. Folic Acid: – Taking a supplement with Folic Acid lowers homocysteine levels; according to a report in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (omocysteine is an amino acid associated with a greater risk of heart disease). Previous studies have indicated that Folic Acid can lower homocysteine levels.
The American Heart Association issued an advisory suggesting that those with a history of heart disease make sure to consume the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and Folic Acid.
Folate is also a B vitamin necessary for formation of red blood cells. It helps to lower high blood pressure in some people, possibly by reducing higher homocysteine levels. All in all you can increase your healthy sexual function and over all good health by following a few basics from nature. Relax enjoy life and cut your blood pressure the healthy way. The healthy need for sex is a good exercise to keep that blood pressure in check.